Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

How to control layout and display of non-menu items in Joomla

• How to control layout and display of non-menu items in Joomla

Posted 2 years 9 months ago
    • Hello, we use SSO on our site and unfortunately it redirects to a more generic login URL on the site, rather than the prefered menu item.

www.domain.com/en/?option=com_users&view=login (domain.com is an example)

As it isn't a menu item, I can't customize the view or Gantry settings directly just for this item. Is there a way to use the custom.scss to control the layout? Usually I would reference the menu item in the CSS but since it isn't a menu item per say, how can I control it?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: How to control layout and display of non-menu items in Joomla

Posted 2 years 9 months ago
    • First of all it will be using a menu item. But probably not the one you want. So all you hav eto do is create a hidden menu and a hidden menu item of type "user login" - then that menu item will be automatically used by joomla. That then means that you can then assign any template/outline that you wish to that menu item.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds