Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry/twig runtime errors after updating to 5.5.0 on multiple sites

• Gantry/twig runtime errors after updating to 5.5.0 on multiple sites

Posted 2 years 6 months ago
    • After updating Gantry to 5.5.0 from 5.4.37 on at least three sites running on different servers after the update the site front end errors out with the multi column gantry error messages claiming errors similar to the one below. Same thing happens on different RT templates (notio and gemini at least). Trying to rebuild CSS in Gantry results in the same error popup in the back end.

wig \ Error \ RuntimeError
      An exception has been thrown during the rendering of a template ("CSS Compilation on file 'notio.scss' failed on error: Incompatible units px and rem.: templates/rt_notio/scss/notio/sections/_sidebar.scss on line 50, at column 17 Call Stack: #0 mixin breakpoint templates/rt_notio/scss/notio/sections/_sidebar.scss on line 57 #1 import templates/rt_notio/scss/notio/sections/_sidebar.scss templates/rt_notio/scss/notio.scss on line 80 #2 import templates/rt_notio/scss/notio.scss (unknown file) on line 1").
    • Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Chad Criswell.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry/twig runtime errors after updating to 5.5.0 on multiple sites

• Re: Gantry/twig runtime errors after updating to 5.5.0 on multiple sites

• Hi, I also encountered this problem with Requiem template when updating Gantry to 5.5.0 on a Joomla 3.10.2 site.

I hadn't read Mr T's announcement post, as I didn't know it existed, so I restored the site to previous backup using Akeeba. I'll ignore the Gantry 5.5.0 update for now, and wait for a new release of Requeim template for Joomla 3.

Interestingly, other Joomla 3.10.2 sites using the same template did not experience the errors following update to Gantry 5.5.0. I wonder why this is, perhaps as you say it's syntax issue with custom scss.

Other Joomla 3.10.2 sites which use Callisto, Ethereal and Gallatea were also ok.

Regards
      Nicola
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• They're not ok... you may not have noticed yet but there are other things that will differ/not work, if you are using an RT theme that has not been updated yet to work with G5.5. Some theme are more sensitive than others to changes in the SCSS compiler (becoming more strict) but some other things are broken and need theme updates.

We've temporarily pulled the G5.5 update from Joomla updater whilst we sort out the bugs that have been reported thus far.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Gantry/twig runtime errors after updating to 5.5.0 on multiple sites

• Can you give me a rough indication of how long it will be before the templates are updated to be compatible with Gantry 5.5? Days? Weeks? Months?
      Fortunately I only have 8 sites affected, but if it is only going to be days before the release of new templates then instead of restoring from backup I might wait and apply the new template, since the sites don't "appear" to be broken.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Honestly I don't know. All I can say is that the dev team are working on it right now and that they want to get it done asap.

I'd recommend that you just download G5.4.37 and install that rather than leaving G5.5 installed https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/releases .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds