Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 4 / Theme Visage / linux-switcher-cookie

• Olaf

Gantry 4 / Theme Visage / linux-switcher-cookie

Posted 2 years 2 months ago
    • Hi there,

first sorry for my bad english.

Some time ago I bought the Visage Theme for Wordpress and would like to use it to build a website for my dog kennel.

This is such a wonderful theme but it makes a long-term cookie called "visage-linux-switcher"

Can I disable this cookie?

Possibly due to changes in the code?

I hope someone can help me.

Greetings Olaf
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 4 / Theme Visage / linux-switcher-cookie

• Visage is a legacy theme and as such we no longer support it.

That said, I am not aware of any of our themes making cookies (in fact I scanned all the source in the rocketlauncher and that test was not found anywhere) - so it sounds to me like you have a third-party plugin, hosting setting, or browser plugin causing that.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Olaf

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Olaf

• Hello Mark,

thanks for your answer and nice name, my son's name is also Mark.

I know Visage is an old theme that is no longer supported, but it's so beautiful!
      I can't find a theme that's nearly as beautiful! It's perfect for my dog breeder website!

The only plugin I have installed is Rockgallery

The cookie is a long-term cookie and I can influence the lifetime of the cookie in the templateDetails.xml between 365 and 1 days, but I cannot deactivate it.

It would be so nice if I could deactivate the cookie because of the German GDPR.

Cookie consent plugins also cannot block this cookie.

It would be a shame if it didn't work without this cookie.

But it was worth asking, maybe there would have been a solution.

Thank you and

Greetings Olaf
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, admin id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you to see if I can spot where it is coming from.

Also, Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds