Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

css override

• G Tyler

Re: css override

Posted 13 years 10 months ago
    • I've had great success now creating my different presets with their associated stylesheet. Got one last custom css trick that I'm trying to figure out and not having much luck.

We have a colored box design, so I've created 6 different presets for each color. I've got our system-wide formatting done in components/com_gantry/css/gantry.css, and the first custom color formatting done in templates/rt_gantry_j15/css/orange.css.

HTML version - server27.lfchosting.com/fiesta/hadfield/why_hadfield.html
      Joomla - server27.lfchosting.com/fiesta/hadfield/...d&catid=37&Itemid=59

The last thing to do is include the top part of the box in #rt-top (I think) and the bottom part of the box in #rt-bottom. Seems like a simple thing to do but my main body background part of the box (bg-body.jpg) seems to be covering it up, even if I put a z-index of 1000. Here's part of my css coding in the custom css for that preset...
      .rt-container {background: none; background-image: url(../images/orange/bg-body.jpg); z-index:2;}  
      #rt-top {position:relative; top:20px; background: url(../images/orange/bg-top.jpg) 0 0 no-repeat; background-position: top left; z-index:3;}
      #rt-bottom {background: url(../images/orange/bg-bottom.jpg) 0 0 no-repeat; background-position: bottom left; z-index:3; }

The background-position of #rt-top should really be top center, but I changed it to top left so I could make sure it was really there, and it is. I left it so you can see it.

I'm pushing down #rt-top by 20px to yield some gutter space along the top so I know I've got control of it. But how can I get my bg-top.jpg to display on top of the .rt-container bg image?

I'm not seeing my bottom box graphic at all, and I need to do the same with the bottom.

Thanks ahead of time,
      G
    • Gerald "G" Tyler
      Senior Multimedia Designer
      Hadfield Communications
      www.Hadfield.net

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds