Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

PHP requirements for Gantry Framework?

• PHP requirements for Gantry Framework?

Posted 13 years 10 months ago
    • Hello! I'm new to Joomla/rockettheme and am excited to start using Joomla and some of these awesome templates!

So far I've successfully installed joomla 1.5.17 and the Gantry 2.5.6 framework along with the rok* plugins/extensions. I get the installation successful message after installing each piece, but when I tried to apply any gantry dependent template my home page goes completely blank. Older templates like refraction work just fine so I thought I screwed something up.

I went through the "confirm successful installation" here: www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=33...93397&rb_v=viewtopic

and although I don't have kinetic installed I checked the templatedetails.xml and gantry.php for those templates and everything looks good - I don't get the 'can't find gantry' error.

Still trying to troubleshoot the issue so I tried reinstalling/upgrading again but no dice; all gantry themes just don't seem to work. Are there any PHP restrictions (i.e. requires PHP v5) in order to use Gantry? I searched google and this forum but couldn't find anything. Open to any other ideas to try as well, my site info is below (currently running refraction).

Other Info:

site: www.red-jedi.com
      e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
      Host provider: Yahoo smallbusiness

Thanks,

-Jesse
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: PHP requirements for Gantry Framework?

• Re: PHP requirements for Gantry Framework?

• Jem, thanks so much for the quick reply! Any host in particular you would recommend based on your experience? I'm not married to Yahoo and am open to consider another host provider if it means I'll get superior support/service/features.

I'll read through each of your links this evening and see what else I can figure out as well.
    • JEM
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: PHP requirements for Gantry Framework?

• Many of us here use Host Gator.

Excellent support and services.

ANY template will just work on them.
    • Thanks,
      jim

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds