Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Tutorial - how to add custom fonts

• Martin
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: Tutorial - how to add custom fonts

Posted 12 years 3 months ago
    • I use Phoca Font, it's working great. You find it in the Joomla Extension Directory. There is a good tutorial to make your own fonts.
  • Re: Tutorial - how to add custom fonts

Posted 12 years 3 months ago
    • Hi there,

Maybe I misunderstood but you can use KC Cufon 's plugin system for Joomla 1.5, 1.6 or 1.7 - I realize that it's a plugin and you want to minimize using plugins as much as you can from a performance standpoint but it works well - found in the Extensions Directory.

Hope that helps,

Emmanuel.
    • mimimike64
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Bonjour !

Posted 12 years 2 months ago
    • This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
      Bonjour, cette solution n'est pas valable avec le template reflex. J'utilise joomla 1.7x et la version de "reflex" correspondante. Avez vous une procédure correspondant à cette configuration à me proposer ?
      Merci

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
      Hello, this solution is not valid with the template reflex. I use joomla 1.7x and the version of " reflex " correspondent. Have you a procedure corresponding to this configuration to be proposed to me?
      Thank you

• tampe125
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• hi, is there a way to add more than the "normal" font-weight from google fonts?
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi all,

apologies again for not checking this thread.
      i am going to work on this for joomla 2.5 after the march template release, please anyone feel free to leave a note here after the release, then the topic will come up for me again as a reminder.

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• Hi Kat,

I have followed your tutorial and it worked perfectly - the only problem I have found is that the font I am using does not have a bold alternative built into it.... So I have bought the fonts bold alternative version but this is a seperate ttf file. So my slightly confused question - is there a way to use both font's (the standard and bold) within the same font family for the template.

So for example I could set H1 tags using the bold version of the font and then use the normal font for the body text.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thankyou...
    • prim
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Yes look for the h1 tag, probably in typography.css and add your font like this:

font-family: mynewboldfont, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;
    • Please reply with a direct link to the issue & create a new thread for each new issue.

A template is only as good as the content that goes into it ;) - DanG

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • Hi Prim,

I seem to have a problem asigning the H1 font as you suggested as I cannot find the bit of code in my template files.

Here is a link to my site: www.ama-it.com/amatest

Could you suggest where the code you mentioned above shoud go?

Posted 12 years 1 month ago
    • Kat, I think I have a similar question.
      I have a converted font that has regular, bold, italic; .eot and .ttf files.
      I would like to use the one family, but have access to the alternate styles.
      Can you give me an example of how this would need to be incorporated in to Modulus on J!2.5 with Gantry 3.2.17?

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds