Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Dropdown Menu Disappears under Kunena 1.6

• flatmatt
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Dropdown Menu Disappears under Kunena 1.6

Posted 13 years 6 months ago
    • Hello
      Being pretty new to Joomla this could be a dumb question, but why when I install Kunena 1.6 does my RokNavMenus disappear. (Using Omnicron template) (specifically a login module in a dropdown from the top). The drop down appears over JomSocial and any other installed programs in the same module position...
      Thanks for any help.
  • Re: Dropdown Menu Disappears under Kunena 1.6

• I'm having the same problem. And in addition, there are some buttons that don't work, you can't edit your profile.

I've read that the solution is to deactivate some modules or plugins, and upgrade your mootools, but I haven't found information of how to do this. I hope someone can help us.
    • PeteH
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Re: Dropdown Menu Disappears under Kunena 1.6

• Me too.. I have the Zephyr template and Kunena 1.6 installed. When I log in, I'm unable to edit my profile in the forum. I've seen a few posts about this on the Kunena forums, all they say is to contact Rockettheme about the issue. It would be real helpful if someone could advise what to do about this. I don't want to use PHPBB3 - I prefer Kunena!

Thx
    • PeteH
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Me too.. I have the Zephyr template and Kunena 1.6 installed. When I log in, I'm unable to edit my profile in the forum. I've seen a few posts about this on the Kunena forums, all they say is to contact Rockettheme about the issue. It would be real helpful if someone could advise what to do about this. I don't want to use PHPBB3 - I prefer Kunena!

Thx
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• hi there,

about the edit profile button not working, please set "built titles spans" to OFF in the omnicron template parameters > advanced....

could you provide a link and some test login details so we can see the issue with the roknavmenu?

thanks, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany
    • PeteH
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Apologies for the double post.. strange, not sure how that happened?
    • PeteH
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Ok.. I've solved my issues finally.

1. No bbcode showing in Kunena 1.6 - make sure that Administration > Extensions > Plugin Manager > System - Mootools Upgrade is published - it wasn't in my case. Once published, your bbcode should work - if it doesn't, then check whatever other extension is loading javascript - that will probably be the cause of your problem. To do this you could try unpublishing each non-joomla extension at a time, to try and locate the culprit!
      *Note that Kunena needs the 'system-mootools upgrade' plugin published, as that it what is used for the javascripts - if it's unpublished, then your bbcode won't work at all.

2. Unable to edit my profile in Kunena 1.6 - as mentioned by Kat previously, disable 'Build Titles Spans' in your templates parameters - this is what I did and I was then able to edit my profile. *Hopefully, the developers at RT & Kunena will get their combined heads together to bring out a fix for this annoyance - I quite like the the 2 colour title spans and I'll miss them now!

I hope this helps someone else at least anyway!

Cheers :)
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• PeteH
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hi Kat.. i tried disabling title spans via per menu item config - but it didn't resolve the issue unfortunately.
      ie. Default > Title spans enabled - per menu items > title spans disabled.
      I'm using all latest joomla/template/gantry updates and Kunena 1.6.1
      Back to the drawing board I guess until someone figures out a fix for this..
      Cheers
  • Re: Dropdown Menu Disappears under Kunena 1.6

Posted 13 years 2 months ago
    • Hello,

I am looking for a way to disable "build titles spans" per component and not per-menu item, because of links in contents and modules, not only in menus.

I think about something begining with: "<?php if ( $option == "com_mycomponent" ) : ?>" but I really don't know what file I should modify.

Many thanks in advance for any trick

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds