Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Fatal Gantry Error re Copyright

• Fatal Gantry Error re Copyright

Posted 13 years 3 months ago
    • Greetings,

My site has been displaying an under construction page for the last few months. When I just changed it back to normal mode it displayed a blank page with this error in the source. The website is http://www.ourmanuaku,co.nz. Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class GantryFeatureCopyright in /www/tiaki/web/ourmanukau.co.nz/html/templates/rt_dominion_j15/features/Copy of copyright.php on line 36
  • Re: Fatal Gantry Error re Copyright

• - May I know which version of Joomla, Gantry, and the template you are using now?
      - Have you modified any files before?

• Thanks Arifin, I should have included these details (brains rusty). I use Joomal 1.5.21 Gantry 3.0.11. I have not made any changes since it was last working and put off-line. I downloaded a copy this month and it is working OK on localhost. I have done file comparisons of 'copy of copyright' of the localhost and production files and they are the same. Its a strange problem.

• Hello Arifin, Just noticed that the template parameters are not available. The right side is missing so all that is displayed is a description of the template (Dominion) and a description of Gantry. The error message I provided is at the bottom of the page. I hope this helps. Thanks

• Hello Arifin, Just a though that maybe when took a copy of prod for localhost in January I somehow removed a file. It would help if I could understand what the error message is about. In the meantime I will start comparing prod with localhost. Cheers

• Well back again :D but I will stop after this to give you a chance to reply (I am illustrating my newness). Here is code for Copy of copyright.php on line 36s and the few lines before it.
      <div class="clear"></div>
      <span class="copytext"><?php echo $this->get('text'); ?></span>
      </div>
      <?php
      return ob_get_clean();
      }
      Line 36 }

I don't know why there is a 'copy of copyright' and a 'copyright' file as they are identical. The Dominion template only came with'copyright' if you rename 'copy of copyright' the system still finds the new file and displays the same error. Cheers

• Please remove that copy of copyright.php file from /html/templates/rt_dominion_j15/features/ folder. It will solve the issue, I think.

• Thanks Arifin, Deleting the file worked. Many thanks for your help and time. Boy you sure have an impressive number of posts. Regards John

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds