Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Double Title in modules

• SOLVED Double Title in modules

Posted 11 years 6 months ago
    • Hey everybody,

I was just starting with the gantry framework.
      I've installed Gantry 4.0.5 on the latest Joomla.

I've quickly added some text and one module, but now i have a problem.
      If you look at my module titles, you'll see that the titles are repeated.

You can view my livesite here:
      a-zprintz.com/tastybowl/

As you can see, the Opening hours module has a double text effect.
      I'm searching the css to find the problem, but i can't seem to find it.

Does anyone know a solution ?
    • Last Edit: 11 years 6 months ago by azprintz.
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: SOLVED Double Title in modules

• Hi there,

That will be coming from the compiled css which outputs as...
      .title, .component-content h2 {
          border-bottom: 1px solid #D1D1D1;
          box-shadow: 0 1px 0 #FFFFFF;
          color: #303030;
          text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 #FFFFFF;
      }
      It is the text-shadow line that is the culprit.

Using one of the options below you need to have this code generated by less or added to custom css...
      .title, .component-content h2 {
          text-shadow: none;
      }

As GANTRY4 now incorporates LESS. There are two recommended methods for dealing with your custom changes to the template.
        1. For older templates (pre FRACTURE
      LESS compiler is not active), or for those of you that want to stick with traditional CSS, you can simply create a file called "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom.css" and put this file in the CSS folder of the template (where TEMPLATENAME is the name of the template e.g. rt_fracture). GANTRY4 will automatically load this CSS file. you can also have browser specific files by appending, for example, "-ie9" making the filename "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom-ie9.css"
        2. For those of you that want to use the power of
      LESS (compiled CSS), you can simply create a file called "template-custom.less" (that is the file name - don't change it) and put this file in the less folder of the template. Now clear your cache GANTRY4 will automatically detect this file and automatically compile the LESS code therein and put it into the compiled css for your site (along with the other compiled LESS files from the template). Note that you can just put ordinary CSS in a LESS file but you are strongly encouraged to learn more about LESS as it will speed up your development and make it clearer.
      Do not change the CSS files in the compiled-css folder as these changes will be lost whenever Gantry 4 detects a change in a LESS file, or the cache gets cleared.

For more information on LESS please see the documentation on Gantry 4 at http://www.gantry-framework.org . Also, see this tutorial http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=662&p=860738&rb_v=viewtopic860738

If this resolves your problem then please edit your first post in this thread by adding SOLVED at the start of the title and then select the green tick icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

Thanks for your cooperation :)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
  • Re: SOLVED Double Title in modules

• Many thanks, this solved the problem.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds