Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

RESOLVED: Gantry Blocks Event Booking Function

• Donald White
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Sr. Technical Communicator

RESOLVED: Gantry Blocks Event Booking Function

Posted 11 years 5 months ago
    • I use the Event Booking extension (JoomDonation) with several Joomla! 2.5 Websites. All functions EXCEPT the "Add Event" call work on these sites. I opened a ticket with JoomDonation about this and received this reply from the developer:
      Submit Event page not displaying
      Hi Don
      I can tell you that's not a bug of Events Booking. It is a bug of Gantry framework from Rocket theme (I had clients with this issue in the past).
      Basically, it seems Gantry Framework try to check if there is any output "like" twitter bootstrap, it will call a function which is only available in Joomla 3.0.x :D .
      In this case, please send me FTP account of your site. I will edit the code of gantry plugin alitle and the issue will be solved .
      Tuan
      I appreciate the developer's offer to edit the Gantry source code, but this is not a "solution;" the next Gantry update will overwrite the modification and my clients will be blocked from adding events on their Websites from the front-end.

Example Website particulars:
      • URI: richmondbattlefieldparklionsclub.org/
      • Joomla version: 2.5.8
      • Gantry version: 4.1.2
      • PHP version: 5.4.7
      • MySQL version: 5.1.66
      • PHP disabled functions: exec,shell_exec,passthru,system,proc_open,popen,curl_multi_exec,show_source

Note: "Add Event" is restricted to Special users.

Any thoughts? I'm very reluctant to muck with the Gantry source code myself.

Thanks!
    • Last Edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Donald White.
    • Donald White
      James River Technical Communications
    • David Goode
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer and Host

Re: RESOLVED: Gantry Blocks Event Booking Function

• Hi there,

Please take a back up of your site and try updating to latest version of Gantry - currently 4.1.4

If this resolves your problem then please edit your first post in this thread by adding SOLVED at the start of the title and then select the green tick icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

Thanks for your cooperation :)

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information
    • Donald White
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Sr. Technical Communicator

Re: RESOLVED: Gantry Blocks Event Booking Function

• Thanks, David. Version 4.1.4 resolved the issue!
    • Donald White
      James River Technical Communications

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds