Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Changes wont be saved

• Changes wont be saved

Posted 11 years 3 months ago
    • Hi everybody,
      for any reason I cant click the "save" button in templates admin backend. I can only save settings with "save and close" button.

Furthermore I made an override with one menu assignment where I only changed the mainbody from 8-2-2 to 9-3, but this wont be saved too. When I make the changes with "save and close" and reenter the override it is still 8-2-2.

I am running latest voxel responsive with latest gantry

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.
  • Re: Changes wont be saved

• Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

Re: Changes wont be saved

• hi there,

it really does not matter at all which number of positions is shown when you open the template manager, so if it shows 3 (8-2-2), you change it to 2 (9/3) and save it, it will be back to 3 when you look at it again later. that's normal and nothing to worry about. all that will save is the distribution of columns itself.

for example you open the template settings, it shows 3 positions (8/2/2). then you change the slider from /mb/sa/sb 8/2/2 to sa/mb/sb 3/6/3. then you save and close. when you reopen the settings, it should show you 3/6/3 now and not 2/8/2 like before.

if you want to change a particular page from 3 positions (mainbody, sidebar-a and sidebar-b) to 2 positions (mainbody and sidebar-a), then you can NOT do that with the template layout sliders. you have to go to the module manager and unpublish the module in sidebar-b for that particular page.

hope this helps, kat :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• Hi Kat05,
      yes, you are absolutely right. Now I unpublished all sidebar-a and sidebar-b modules for this menu item and created new modules for this menu item published only in one sidebar. And then I created the override and this works.

Yesterday I tried to change the whole website to your template in a few hours and as a new customer I obv. was not so familar with rockettheme templates and how it works in this case.

Thank you!
    • Kat05
    • Preeminent Rocketeer

• Ivan Drago wrote:
      Hi Kat05,
      yes, you are absolutely right. Now I unpublished all sidebar-a and sidebar-b modules for this menu item and created new modules for this menu item published only in one sidebar. And then I created the override and this works.

Yesterday I tried to change the whole website to your template in a few hours and as a new customer I obv. was not so familar with rockettheme templates and how it works in this case.

Thank you!
      hi again,

glad to see this was helpful. i know it takes a little while to get used to how gantry works, but hope you're enjoying it. i'll move this to the gantry solved threads board. :)
    • Kat05 / QA Lead & Support / Germany

• Yes, I enjoy indeed :D Thanks!
    • JC
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 10 years 11 months ago
    • Thanks this post answered by question as well... Kat05 the wize one! we are not worthy of your awesomeness ;-)

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds