Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry v4.1.24 Google Font for whole Document

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry v4.1.24 Google Font for whole Document

Posted 9 years 11 months ago
    • See screenshot from a gantry rocketlauncher - see it's completely different (see screenshot) - I think you have permission issues on your site. If you want me to look Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post also Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 9 years 11 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry v4.1.24 Google Font for whole Document

• typography is the page you are on. I dont have permission issues.
      Try to set a google font as the default font and you will receive the same result as on my page ;-)

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok, so we don't keep spinning our wheels, let's get you a solution that I know works.

1. Change the font in template manager to a google font of your choosing - I chose "Abril Fatface".
      2. create a custom CSS file and in there Use this code...
      body {
          font-family: "Abril Fatface",sans-serif !important;
      }

This is how to create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 4...

Simply create a file called "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom.css" and put this file in the CSS folder of the template (where <TEMPLATENAME> is the name of the template as seen in template manager e.g. rt_fracture). GANTRY4 will automatically load this CSS file. If you wish, you can also have browser specific files by appending, for example, "-ie9" making the filename "<TEMPLATENAME>-custom-ie9.css"

This will change the font throughout the template.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Yes, that was the last way I wanted to implement it with because it is not very flexible.
      If i change the font for another website I always have to change the font. And this is where I thought the gantry framework would take a lot of work.

So the result is you also don't know where this code is generated or how to get the font variable to a less file?!?

• I created my own workaround now.

styledeclaration.php
      $tmp_font = explode(":", $gantry->get('font-family'))[1];

$lessVariables = array(
      		'fontfamily'   => $tmp_font
      	);

Now you can use the fontfamily variable at every less file.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• ok, glad you found a solutions and thanks for sharing with our members.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds