Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Changes to not save to the template!

• DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Changes to not save to the template!

Posted 8 years 10 months ago
    • Dariush Derakhshani wrote:
      Any luck?
      could you login to the website?

Thank you!

Yes. Many users get tripped up on this. This was your Template Manager setup:

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

This is VERY important - you may run into a lot of TROUBLE with your template setup like that!!!
      The graphic below shows Rockettheme's recommended setup.

The idea is to have the Default MASTER template be active on ALL pages.
      So the menu assignments should be set to NONE and you won't have that green checkmark.

Then for pages that need a different feature set, you would create a duplicate of the MASTER called an "override".
      In this copy you would change the Feature and or Styles set and assign it to the menu page that needs it.

I've made the change for you.

You will see that I changed the Spectral-Default (all menu pages except Home) set to Preset 1 and the Spectral-Home page set to Preset 5.
      You should change it back.
  • Re: SOLVED Changes to not save to the template!

• Thank you for checking the problem.
      But the main problem still exists, for example, when I log in as a user, it takes a LONG time for the Header Menu to change and show up for the users.
      For example, guests don't have the option of selecting their "Profile" in the menu, users do, but when I log in, the option doesn't appear right away and I have to wait 5-10 minutes for it to appear!

Thank you
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Dariush Derakhshani wrote:
      I purchased the template a few days ago and for some reason when I make changes, the changes don't apply to the template unless I change the defult template and then change the deful template back to my Spectral Template. How can this be fixed?

Thank you!
      But the main problem still exists, for example, when I log in as a user, it takes a LONG time for the Header Menu to change and show up for the users.

Your second issue is not the way you described the original issue. For the original issue I had no problems making the changes.

• Yes that is true. Thank you for fixing that problem, but this is also one of my main problems, the time it takes for my website to show the menu for users and make the changes. How could I fix that?

Thank you for your help in advance

• Fixed!
      For anyone wondering,
      go to Global Configurations and Click on System and underneath System turn off Cache!
      That'll fix the problem.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Fixed!
      For anyone wondering,
      go to Global Configurations and Click on System and underneath System turn off Cache!
      That'll fix the problem.

Hmm...actually it's supposed to be the other way around as Joomla's caching is supposed to help the site appear quicker after initial page load. Then the Joomla cache has always been flaky.

Thanks for sharing your soluition to that issue

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds