Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Mobile menu

• lizzie
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Mobile menu

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • Hi,

Right now top menu items are listed on one panel and child menu items on another. I want to be able to see them all at the same time. Is it possible to have child items expanded in the main menu panel? Or alternatively, have the menu list all parent and child items?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: SOLVED Mobile menu

• Umm...okay

1) what template is this?
      2) is what your describing the way a RocketLauncher install originally showed it?
      3) If this is a site that is online (just installed, dev or live) could you please supply a link in the Public or SECURE part of your reply so we can better diagnose the issue?
      It makes our suggestions more accurate if we see the actual coding of your site.
    • lizzie
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to DanG, moderators and administrators
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• lizzie wrote:
      OK, nothing is broker per se. The mobile menu is working just like the demo, e.g. on my site when I click on the right arrow next to ABOUT, it hides the top level menu and only shows the child items (About Our School, About Montessori, etc.). What I want to have is like docs.gantry.org/ . There when you click on a top level menu item (Gantry 4, Gantry 5), it expands and displays subitems below it.

Our mobile menu design is hardcoded so you want have to do a lot of modifying to get the format you want. Whereas the http://docs.gantry.org/ works well on the desktop I find it cumbersome when viewing on a mobile device. I actually prefer our mobile menu where clicking on a parent with children slides that submenu into view. Theres not a lot of territory on a mobile so having submenus open below the parent, to me would mean a lot more scrolling.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by DanG.
    • lizzie
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks for the reply. I guess I won't bother then, but it would be a useful feature to have when there are relatively few submenu items.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds