Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Add styles properties in "styles" admin tab

• SOLVED Add styles properties in "styles" admin tab

Posted 7 years 10 months ago
    • I added few new sections in my layout and I would like to have, like for the other initale sections, two new fields in "Styles" (tab)/ "Sections styles" to choose Bg and text colors without having to declare it in my custom.scss.
      I thought we just had to add new lines in g5_hydrogen/gantry/presets.yaml and g5_hydrogen/gantry/theme.yaml but I does not work.
      Thanks.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Add styles properties in "styles" admin tab

• You need styles.yaml too.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Add styles properties in "styles" admin tab

• OK but where is the file ? I did not find it :(
  • Re: SOLVED Add styles properties in "styles" admin tab

• I finally found the file but no fields to fill in. And when I try to write the data manually in this styles.yaml it is erased when I "save the styles" in the admin G5 zone. Here are my files...
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Please post your FTP logon, password and FTP URL in the secure area of your post.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

• Want to do the exact same thing in Isotope.

Struggling with this...

In my case I just want to add the possibility to add Bckg image - Overlay choice to all my existing Outlines

First, I was able to add the Image Background choice in all existing Outlines “LAYOUTS” tab by following EXACTLY this tutorial —> docs.gantry.org/gantry5/advanced/customizing-theme-files

Saddly, witout having the same possibility in the “STYLES” tab of the Outlines, I can add background images to all Sections by the “LAYOUTS” tab but cannot use Parrallax settings.

For some obscure reason, to use Parallax & Overlay, I need to have the Background Image possibility set in the “STYLES” tab of the Outline and Set the Parallax settings in the “LAYOUTS” tab (not really user friendly, two tabs for one setting...)

Meaning that I need also, to add the possibility to the “STYLES” tabs.

I was able in the following example (for the Showcase Section) to add to the “STYLES” tab of all Outlines the input for Back Image & Overlay by adding the bkg/overlay code to the file “showcase.yaml” in the template blueprints folder.
      But the Inputs have no effects ?

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

I can upload the site live, if neccesary (only a local Mamp test site)
    • Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Patrick Toulze. Reason: error
    • Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Patrick Toulze - please raise your own topic rather than posting in someone elses topic. Also post admin details and ftp details in your new topic.

Regards, Mark.
    • Patrick Toulze
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Marketing - Web Designer

• Was thinking that grouping same or similar demand was more effective for everybody…
      I Will…
    • Graphic Designer - Marketing -Web Sites — Trying to become a decent human being.
      www.grafcomm.ca
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No it's not... answering multiple people in one topic get's awfully confusing for everyone... create a new topic of your own and we'll be very happy to assist you.

Thanks for your understanding :)

Regards, Mark.
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 4 years 6 months ago
    • Mr T your support is awseome, and the fact you are willing to login and look is honestly such an amazing thing to do.

It would really help if you could post the reasons as well. I'm reading this with the same problem but there is no answer posted.
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds