Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Add Fontawesome 5 to Gantry 5

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Add Fontawesome 5 to Gantry 5

Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    • Not keying that into the icon field - no. You would need to modify the particle by creating a particle override. To learn how to override a particle in Gantry 5 please see our documentation here http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/overriding-particle-settings#overriding-particle-source-files .

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

Posted 2 years 6 months ago
    • And now it is supported. Yay.
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way
    • biltong
    • Jr. Rocketeer
    • Website Design & Development

Posted 2 years 3 weeks ago
    • Hi,

I've changed Font Awesome version from 4 to 5 and new v5 icons are not displaying correctly - see attached screenshot. Seems the .fas class is not working as it should.

What else do I need to do to get this working correctly apart from changing the version in Base Outline->Page Settings?

This is the URL www.starfishwebsites.com/services

Joomla 3.10.8
      Gantry 5.5.11
      Salient 1.5.0

Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• biltong - Please don't post in five month old dormant topics or we might miss your post altogether - it's always better to create a new post of your own.

On the page shown it's FA4 being loaded not FA5 - so Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • biltong
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thanks MrT,

Secure details attached.

Eric
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Your services outline has an override forcing Fontawesome 4 to be used on that page - so that's why fontawesome 5 icons do not work.

See the message above your override that tells you that you should not override fontawesome settings. Set them once in the base outline and do not change them on any other outline.

When you make your choice of fontawesome it does mean that you should wholly use FA4 or FA5 and not mix the use of both (despite that v4 compatibility setting). So, all uses of Fontawesome need to be changes to be consistently fa4 or fa5.

Gantry 5 Core does have an issue that has yet to be resolved that you should be made aware of https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/2969

Regards, Mark.
    • biltong
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Thank you, I've disabled all the outline's Font Awesome overrides and all is working perfectly.

I had not previously overridden them so it seems that when I changed from v4 to v5 in the Base Outline, it somehow enabled the override of the Font Awesome setting for all other outlines.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds