Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED getting 404 message in menu links

• SOLVED getting 404 message in menu links

Posted 5 years 5 months ago
    • Have made a main nav menu but find I'm getting a 404 error om all the article links. Since I think I tried everything I know in Joomla, could it be something I've done in Ganry5? Any thoughts appreciated...
      Using Joomla 3.9.0, G5 Hydrogen v 5.4.4.26
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED getting 404 message in menu links

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED getting 404 message in menu links

• Mark,
      Yes, would you take a look at what I am doing and give me a clue. Indeed I had the links working yesterday but I got so frustrated I dumped everything and started over. Didn't want to continue until I knew the links were working. Your analysis always
      appreciated.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by MrT. Reason: move login to secure tab
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED getting 404 message in menu links

• Two issues.

1. Your articles for those pages were in "uncategorised" category which you had unpublished - I've now published it again.

2. Both of the outline that you were using ("default" and "home") did not have a "page content" particle on their layout, therefore there is nowhere for Joomla to render component output (i.e. the article itself). So I added a "page content" particle to the layout of both of your outlines.

Now it's all working.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED getting 404 message in menu links

• Just an immediate note of thanks, Mark, especially since it was more about Joomla
      than Gantry.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds