Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Widgets not sticking to front page- Fracture

• Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Widgets not sticking to front page- Fracture

Posted 5 years 2 months ago
    • I'm conferring with a dev. Sorry for the delayed response. There's a script that should've run when the last version of Gantry was installed that doesn't seem like it ran and I need to the devs help to run it manually
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• Ok, we were able to get the script to run -- it looks like WordFence initially prevented it from executing. I don't see a 'Homepage' Override any more though so I assume you deleted that in trying to fix all this. If you create a new homepage override and add your Showcase widgets it should work now.
    • Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Matt.
    • SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics. This includes searching just the 'Solved' forums, using Google, and using ChatGPT :woohoo:
    • Aaron C
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hello again,

Thank you for looking into this for me.

I created a new frontpage override and assigned it to the front and home page. I added widgets to it but unfortunatley no change.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but when I move a widget into the positions, I press save on the individual widget, but when I click the Gantry settings button to get to the save button I get the following popup.
      This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

• It's odd... try clearing the cache on your CDN to see if that helps.

There is an error in Console on your Widgets screen

Chrome: Settings > More Tools > Developer Tools > Console
      Mozilla: Settings > Developer > Web Console

Please disable ALL non-RocketTheme plugins, clear all caches, and check your console on the widgets screen to see if the error clears... if it does, remove the widgets completely from the Showcase position and create new widets, save, clear caches, test
    • Aaron C
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Hi Matt,

I did as you said and sure enough there was a plugin that was causing it. In case anybody os curious the plugin name was "Widget Shortcode". I don't even remember what i was using it for.
      They must have recently updated the plugin and the new version conflicted by the looks of it.

All solved for the time being. Thanks
    • Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Aaron C.
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Posted 5 years 1 month ago
    • Cheers :) And Thank you for marking the thread solved and posting the conflicting plugin

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds