Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Link on 2nd RokSprocket not working

• Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

SOLVED Link on 2nd RokSprocket not working

Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    • I have a website where I have two RokSprocket modules - Strips - setup which are displaying fine. The issue is that the links on the first modules works fine. The links on the 2nd module simply reloads the page.

Here is the page: https://www.headlandalabama.org/

Anyone encountered this issue and resolved it? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!
    • Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Luke Douglas.
    • Just another old hacker!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Link on 2nd RokSprocket not working

• The links in the second strip are "orphaned" or "menuless" link which means that joomla will then use the "default" menu item to open the article (i.e. "home" page). But also, your "home" outline does not have a "page content" particle anywhere on the layout - therefore there is nowhere for the article to be rendered - hence why it looks lik you are just getting the home page again.

1. add the "page content" particle to the "home" outline layout.

2. This is normal Joomla behaviour for "orphaned" or "menuless" articles. To get around this use the hidden-menu technique.

Create a MENU called "hidden" (no need to create a module to place it anywhere). In the hidden menu, create a MENU ITEM for each of the orphaned articles (single article type) and make sure these menu items are published. Now the hidden menu won't appear on any of your pages, but, the articles will now open in their own page. You can also use the same technique and create a hidden category blog menu item to pick up multiple articles too, thus saving having to create a hidden menu item for every article.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Luke Douglas
    • Hero Rocketeer
    • Another Old Hack!

• Mark,

Thanks for the 'reminder'! I had this issue 2-3 years ago and simply forgot. Guess my age is catching up to me. I turn 70 in 3 weeks. :)
    • Just another old hacker!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Early Happy birthday then! :)

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds