Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Edit the contact page

• ZioRiP
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED Edit the contact page

Posted 4 years 11 months ago
    • Hello everyone!

I am trying to edit the Joomla! contact page so that the Miscellaneous information displayed in the contact page so that it appears before the contact form and is skimmed from some HTML tags.

I am unable to locate it in the Joomla! folders and also I am unable to find out where I should save it within my template.
      Could anyone please advise?

Thanks in advance :)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Edit the contact page

• 1. you whould use "extra fields" capability of joomla to add more fields. https://www.joomlashack.com/blog/tutorials/contact-custom-fields/

2. If you really want to edit the joomla contact forum - see their docs.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • ZioRiP
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Are you saying that there is no longer a way to only customize it for this template?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No, I am sayin gthat editing the Joomla contact form (as it's a part of Joomla and not the template) requires you to read the Joomla sdocumentation on this subject. Also, if it's extra fields that you want on the form then Joomla has inbuilt "extra fields" functionality to add those without having to resort to coding.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • ZioRiP
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks, but I don't need to add extra fields, I need to modify the contact page as it is displayed.
      I will figure out where the file is in Joomla!, but I didn't find where I should add the file in the template as I don't want to modify Joomla!.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• If all you want to do is restyle thing sthen you can do that with custom scss. If you still want to create a layout override... https://docs.joomla.org/Layout_Overrides_in_Joomla .

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: ZioRiP

• ZioRiP
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Oh, I see, sorry... I am incredibly rusty with Joomla! (the last time I used it, you were still having a previous version of Gantry).
      It has nothing to see with the template overrides, as it's not about how Gantry manages these overrides, it is about how Joomla! needs Gantry to manage them.

Thanks! :o)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 4 years 10 months ago
    • Gantry does nothing with the contact form and doesn't manage anything. The contact form is part of Joomla and changes to it need making in Joomla (via overrides) - nothing to do with Gantry.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds