Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED GRAV : Underscore of Menu item when on page linked via #link

• SOLVED GRAV : Underscore of Menu item when on page linked via #link

Posted 4 years 5 months ago
    • I have template Anacron template on GRAV.

Then I have a menu which consists of items linking to "standard" pages (like Homepage or Contact form) but also to some which have a redirection to some element via anchor (or #link).

When you click to Homepage or Contact form link, the page is visible and menu item is underscored.

But when you click to page with redirection to some anchor on page (via #link) and page is scrolling to that anchor, the underscore still stays on e.g. Homepage.

How to achieve that effect?

Maybe some details behind - I add that anchor in particle details in the field CSS ID (on Block tab), then I open the page and fill in the anchor into the redirect field of that page which is associated with menu item.

Is there any possibility how to also "setup" the underscore?

You can see that on page www.preloz.to (suddenly in Czech language), but the first one is Homepage (Úvod) and the second one "Překlady" which is not working. The same situation with items "Ceník" and "Kontakt". But "Poptávka" is working.

Is there some solution to that issue?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED GRAV : Underscore of Menu item when on page linked via #link

• Please would you post your URL, admin id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED GRAV : Underscore of Menu item when on page linked via #link

• Credentials provided, thanks a lot for your care!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED GRAV : Underscore of Menu item when on page linked via #link

• Ok, I see what you have done....

You have a number of bookmark links in the menu that take you to other sections within the "home" page. whenever you follow a bookmark link the page is not rendered, the browser merely scrolls to that position on the page. Therefore, there is no opportunity to modify any of the menu items to add "active" class to them. Also, if you think about it, it's actually correct - the active menu item is indeed the "home" menu item.

So, no, I'm afraid it's not possible to set the underline of those bookmark links. The best way of achieving what you want would be to not use bookmark links and instead put the content into separate pages.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Svatopluk Vít

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED GRAV : Underscore of Menu item when on page linked via #link

• Thank you very much that you find time to check my site.
      I spend some time with solving this issue and finished with the fact that it is impossible what was confirmed also by you.
      This is excellent support!

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds