Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED can't change css

• SOLVED can't change css

Posted 3 years 11 months ago
    • Hello,
      I tried to edit css but all the changes I made doesn't shows up. I cleared my cache, go back to css and all the change I made don't shows. CSS did not change.
      I tried to made the change through administrator/ Extensions / Template /Metropolis / CSS Compliled
      I also tried to made the change throught cpanel with same result
      I also tried to download the file throught ftp, edit the css with dreamweaver, re-ulpoad the file on cpanel

Nothing that I tried changes my css and still got same error. (I'm trying to remove the references to non-existent resources that cause 404 error )
      everytime I remove the links that cause 404 error, it come back.
      PS: I also tried to clear cache from site and from cloudflare with same result

Please help.
      Thanks
      Patrick
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED can't change css

• You should never ever change any of our original templates files and you should also never change the contents of the css-compiled folder as it will be overwritten often by the less compiler. If you want to make custom CSS changes then you should do that in a custom CSS file.

This is how to create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 4...

http://docs.gantry.org/gantry4/tutorials/adding-a-custom-stylesheet

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED can't change css

• Thanks for your help Mr T.
      Have a great day
      Regards,
      Patrick

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds