Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Copying particle from "Home" outline to "Base"?

• Hayat
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Copying particle from "Home" outline to "Base"?

Posted 3 years 7 months ago
    • Hello,

I have a particle in "Home" outline, that I would like to duplicate in my "Base" outline.
      I already populated it with a lot of things, and I want to clone it. Doing it from scratch is rerally tinme consuming.

I followed this tutorial:
      www.rcatheme.com/documentation/gantry5/h...from-another-outline

But apparenly this is not possible. I get this when I got to "Inheritance"
      This particle has been inherited by the following Outlines: 
      Default.

And of course "Default" outline is not editable, and inherits its properties from "Base" outline.
      A catch 22 I believe.

Is there another way to do that?

Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Copying particle from "Home" outline to "Base"?

• No there isn’t the base outline cannot inherit anything.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Hayat
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• I see. Thank you.
      Perhaps there is a way to do it through phpmyadmin if particle data are stored in the database?
      Or are they stored in one of the files?
      Anyway, I'll try to find out, and will report the results here if I find something of interest.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• No, that information is not stored in the Joomla database. It's stored in flat files, and I recommend that you don't start manipulating those file manually otherwise you might irrecovably damage your site. YAML files are highly sensitve to structure (you cannot use tabs) so be very, very, careful.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Hayat

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Hayat
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• MrT wrote:
      No, that information is not stored in the Joomla database. It's stored in flat files, and I recommend that you don't start manipulating those file manually otherwise you might irrecovably damage your site. YAML files are highly sensitve to structure (you cannot use tabs) so be very, very, careful.

Regards, Mark.
      I see.
      Many thanks for letting me know that.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds