Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Submenu disappears behind slider

• SOLVED Submenu disappears behind slider

Posted 3 years 3 months ago
    • I've build a Gantry 5 (Helium theme) website for a cycling club. Site is ok on Firefox, Chrome and Android telephone. Only Safari on Ipad is giving some trouble, Safari on Imac not checked. When you select a submenu, the submenu disappears behind the photo slider. The photoslider is just below the menu position. I tried to do someting with Z-index in custom.css (override file) without any result. See code below
      .g-main-nav .g-sublevel > li > .g-menu-item-container {
         z-index: 10000;
      }

The Joomla version is 3.9.23 and teh Helium version is 5.4.36

Check the website [here /url]
    • Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Willem Op 't Roodt.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Submenu disappears behind slider

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Submenu disappears behind slider

• Hi Mark,

I found out what caused the problem. I placed the slider in the navigation section. The menu is also placed there. I moved the slider to the header section and that solved the problem.

Thanks anyway,
      Willem
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Submenu disappears behind slider

• Yep, I noticed that but it would've been possible to resolve it with some custom.scss. But you are quite right that it's best to just keep the "navigation" section to just that purpose and not add other rows to it (unless they really are part of the navigation).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds