Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Menu system odd behaviour

• Tim2006
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED Menu system odd behaviour

Posted 3 years 2 months ago
    • Hi,

I'm using Gantry 5, Clarity Wordpress Theme, PHP 7.3.25.

I am having real trouble with the Gantry menu system.

The first problem is related to a sub menu item. When I add this from the 'Category' list under the 'Apperance' menu, the navigation item replaces the 'Home - Front page' link. It also shifts it to the middle of the menu. And it does not appear as a 2nd level item as I saved it as. It is really odd. This only happens with a specific sub menu item. The only way to get the home link back is to delete the misbehaving link and re-add the home link.

The second problem is related to the above. The reordering of the menu items is really confusing. I've got the item in the correct order with both the Wordpress menu and the Gantry menu editor. Yet it will not move to where I want it.

Something is very odd. I keep clearing the cache but to no avail.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Many thanks

Tim
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Menu system odd behaviour

• Yes, very familiar - it's a known bug with Gantry5 and WP. What you need to do is go to /wp-content/themes/THEMENAME/custom/config/menu/ and delete the menu.yaml ("menu" will actually be your menu name). Then go to g5 admin > menu editor and just save that menu again to recreate the yaml file.

IMPORTANT!: be aware that following the above process will delete any change you hav emade to the menu in Gantry 5 menu editor (such as adding particles or classes or columns etc etc).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Tim2006

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Tim2006
    • Hero Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Menu system odd behaviour

• Thanks.

That fixed it.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds