Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Can Divi Builder be used with RocketTheme/Gantry?

• SOLVED Can Divi Builder be used with RocketTheme/Gantry?

Posted 2 years 11 months ago
    • Can the Divi Builder ( https://www.elegantthemes.com/gallery/divi/ ) be used with RocketTheme/Gantry in whole or part?

I have customers who are already using the Divi Builder and it would be great if I can use RocketTheme templates but still give them an ability to use what they know already. So, any thoughts on if Divi can be used with RocketTheme/Gantry and further thoughts on best practices in doing so will be gratefully appreciated.
    • Steve Amerige, Server Science Incorporated
      Server Leasing | Web Software Development | User Experience & Graphic Design
      Managed Services, Website, Java, and Source-Code Hosting
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Can Divi Builder be used with RocketTheme/Gantry?

• Hi Steve, then answer is yes. But... Why would you? Gantry 5 is a framework and is effectively a page builder in it's own right, so why would you add to that the overhead of another page builder with that?

If you want to use divi builder then your don't need Gantry 5 and vice-versa.

I can see some people like the drag 'n drop frontend page builder that approach wysiwyg in nature but they have there limitations. Gantry 5 is a page builder (non-wysiwyg) in the backend of the CMS - it's much more powerful for building sites that require rich functionality or need to use third-party applications. The frontend page builder tend to be more like "page painters" in my view offering superb looks and easy to layout content but less flexible when you come to needs the site to "DO" something (e.g. ecommerce, form data captures, complex sorting of information, database information retrieval, etc).

So, really, the question you need to answer for yourself is what types of site to you intend to build? If they "magazine" type static content then maybe a frontend page builder is right for you. But, if you need to build interactive, dynamic of functional sites then it would be better to use Gantry5 and the CMS of your choosing.

Again, I hope that helps.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Steve Amerige

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Can Divi Builder be used with RocketTheme/Gantry?

• Hi Mark,

Yes, your advice does help. I think I'll be determining whether to choose on or the other depending on whether the customer has a requirement for Divi or not. If I'm to be the maintainer, I'll be using Gantry 5 for the clear reasons you mentioned.

Again, thanks for all of your timely advice!
    • Steve Amerige, Server Science Incorporated
      Server Leasing | Web Software Development | User Experience & Graphic Design
      Managed Services, Website, Java, and Source-Code Hosting

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds