Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Can't get mobile menu to show the menu I want

• Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED Can't get mobile menu to show the menu I want

Posted 2 years 6 months ago
    • My mobile menu here is showing the default menu I think.

www.dev.kingsmarq.co.uk/

So it's only showing 3 items.

I've tried setting the mobile target and using a different menu but that hasn't changed anything.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

Is there another setting that I'm missing?

Here's what my mobile menu shows.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.
    • Just a lonely web designer trying to make his way
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Can't get mobile menu to show the menu I want

• I've done that for you.

1. Nether your left or right menu should be a mobile target (and they should just have "hidden-phone" class (yours also have hidden -tablet?)

2. You change the settings on the menu particles on the layout of the base outline - not on particle defaults tab

3. You need to add the "mobile menu" on the layout (hidden in desktop) and make that mobile target - it can go on another row in the navigation since you would never see it there anyway (note also how it needs "no padding" and "no margin" block variation too so it never takes up any space on the layout).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Eoin

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Ah I see. I need to add the particle to the layout not the base particle settings. Got it, thank you.

The support at RocketTheme is another level of good.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Hmmm, thanks but that is not quite what I said.

The "particle defaults" tab is just that - it sets the defaults for an instance of the appropriate particle should one be added to any layout of any outline. Thereafter, on an outline layout you can override those "default" values to more specific values (for that particular outline). In your case the base outline layout is "inherited" by your other outlines in respect of the navigation section. So, you change the base outline layout settings for the "menu" particle on the layout and that changes all the other outlines too that inherit it. So, in essence, changing the "particle default" tab is really moot since you then overrode the values in the instance that you had on the base outline layout (which in turn were inherited in all other outlines too).

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Eoin
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Yep understood, even if I didn't communicate it back quite so well. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds