Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Update issue

• DHD
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Update issue

Posted 2 years 2 months ago
    • Hello,
      I just noticed an alert to update Gantry.

I am using... Joomla! 3.10.5 Stable [ Daraja ] 15-January-2022 14:38 GMT

When I clicked to update, I saw this message...
      Warning
      Joomla\Filesystem\Folder::delete: Could not delete folder. Path: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/cache/gantry5/rt_requiem/compiled/yaml
      Before updating ensure that the update is compatible with your Joomla! installation.
      You are strongly advised to make a backup of your site's files and database before you start updating.

When I checked my homepage, I was met with a message along the lines of "Please install Gantry".
      I'm sorry, I don't recall the exact message, but the site was down.

As the administrator area was functional, I installed Gantry again and things now appear to be ok.

I thought I should mention this as it's never happened before and I was wondering if you had any thoughts regarding it possibly happening again.

Thanks for any input.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Update issue

• Once a Gantry 5 update fails (for whatever reason) it will leave gantry 5 components disabled (hence the message on the front end). So, reinstalling Gantry 5 again is the correct thing to do (so the install works) and also ensure that the Gantry 5 components are enabled in extensions manager > manage.

From the error message it seems that you have a pemissions errror. This will be caused by one of the following:
      1. genuine permissions error on files/folders not beeing 644/755 respectively
      2. incorrect owner/group on files folders
      3. incorrect tmp/log paths.
      4. htaccess rules incorrect (possibly set by akeeba admin tools).
      5. incorrect mod_security rules (check the security log).

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: DHD

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • DHD
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Update issue

• Thank you Mark.
      I don't see any issues with your list 1-4, but will contact my host to see if anything occurred with #5.

I first installed Gantry in 2013 and have never had any issues. It's very odd that this should happen now.

Thanks again. :)
    • Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by DHD. Reason: typo

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds