Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Hydrogen Template Not Responsive on iPhone

• SOLVED Hydrogen Template Not Responsive on iPhone

Posted 1 year 9 months ago
    • I'm trying to setup the Hydrogen template (v5.5.14) using Gantry v5.5.14 and having an issue with rendering the template on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. The template works fine on a Windows 10 PC and an iPad Pro tablet but only shows about 1/2 of the screen data when I hold the iPhone vertically. If I hold the iPhone horizontally, the screen data display correctly. I know that I've had to modify other templates to render iPhones correctly using the other templates but how do I do this in Gantry 5 / Hydrogen? When I use Chrome's Developer Tools, the "iPhone 12 Pro" selection says resolution is 390 x 844 whereas the "Responsive" selection says 760 x 809. I am using Joomla 3.10.10 and PHP 7.4.30. Any help appreciated.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Hydrogen Template Not Responsive on iPhone

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Hydrogen Template Not Responsive on iPhone

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Hmmm, I'm not quite sure that i understand you. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and it's taken two screenshots. The first is your "stage" third-party plugin causing half the screen to be covered. The second is what I see after having disabled "stage" and it then looks fine to me?

Regards, Mark.

p.s. I left stageit disabled so you can see for yourself.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Hydrogen Template Not Responsive on iPhone

• You see what I was seeing in your first screenshot (IMG_0949.PNG). This is what I had the issue with. You identified and corrected the problem by UNPUBLISHing the STAGEIT Component, Package, and Plugin. Your screenshot (IMG_0950.PNG) is exactly what I expected and wanted. I've contacted the vendor of StageIt (PHP Web Designs) to ask what could be caused this interference with the Gantry 5 and Hydrogen template. Their product doesn't behave this way with the templates from JoomlaShack. Thanks for pointing to the solution.
    • Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by James Borders.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I've done it but for future reference....

If your issue is now solved, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

If you can't edit the first post this will be because it is more than 7 days old, so please reply stating that the topic can be closed and a moderator will do this for you.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds