Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Dedicated page

• Joombler
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Dedicated page

Posted 1 year 6 months ago
    • Our hobby computer club would like to have a dedicated page on my website.
      Is it possible to create a page with a complete different layout, replacing my site's own menu bar with a page dedicated one? Then we don't need to register new domain and create a new website, thus saving a lot of costs and maintenance.

@ cloudzeeland.nl
    • Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Joombler.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Dedicated page

• I suppose so if you wanted that. Just create a hidden menu item and assign an outline to that menu item. Then just put on that outline layout what you want to show. Then you would access the page by entering your domain name followed by the sef url of the menu item.

In my experience though these thing always get messy - better to have a seperate domain and hosting altogether.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Joombler

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Joombler
    • Elite Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Dedicated page

• Sounds good, thanks.
      I like a challenge. For this time starting up the whole domain/hosting stuff for just three pages is overkill.
      It is just critical that on a certain page, another menu bar is shown, replacing the one of my website.
      Regards, Jos
    • Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Joombler.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds