Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Upgrade to PHP-8

• SOLVED Upgrade to PHP-8

Posted 1 year 5 months ago
    • Hello,
      I newly installed the Flux template for Joomla 3. My PHP-version at the moment are 7.4, I need to upgrade pretty much right now. When I try the site goes down. Please help!
      Kind Regards
      Per Dahlroth
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Upgrade to PHP-8

• Ensure that Gantry is 5.5.15 and that Flux template version is v1.5.0.

Ensure all your third-party products are on latest versions too.

If still no good, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Upgrade to PHP-8

• Hello, thank you for your fast respons. Pls have a look at the securetab.
      Regars /Per
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• 1. Gantry is out of date on 5.5.14 - not 5.5.15 as I said.
      2. You have zillions of third-party products installed (including many templates) - you need to update them all to latest versions (even if you're not using them otherwise they will cause your site to break).
      3. You have many RT "rok" extensions installed - none of these will work onb PHP8 (or Joomla 4) and so they will need to be installed and replace with something else (e.g. a Gantry 5 particle).
      4. You have Gantry 4 installed - this cannot work with PHP 8 so you should uninstall it and it's templates.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• I am running Interstellar 1.5 on Joomla 4.2 with Php 7.4.32. I am getting warnings to update to php 8.0, so I tried. Crashed the site with some error about mysqli. So, I went back to earlier php. Then I read somewhere on the forum that I need to upgrade Gantry to 5.5.15, since I am at 5.5.14. So I did and the site crashed again saying it could not load the interstellar template. So I reinstalled Gantry 5.5.14 and all seems to be working.

How can I upgrade to php 8.0? I have many other Joomla sites with RT templates that need to be upgraded. What is the procedure?
    • Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• OK, I sorted it out. The server php8 was not properly configured. All is working now.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Per Dahlroth Are you ok now ?

Regards, Mark.
  • Re: SOLVED Upgrade to PHP-8

• Thank you for asking. Not really. I am going to migrate to Joomla 4. Still checking out extensions for extracting articles from K2 to a better software, (they wont upgrade to Joomla 4). Still some work ahead.
      Regards Per
    • bickster
    • Jr. Rocketeer

• Hi Dan ... What did you do to properly configure PHP 8 ... I'm having issues as well.... thanks for your help.
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• I just carefully copied over all the php extensions i had with php 7.4 in Easy Apache 4.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds