Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED gantry-width-xx still workable in Gantry 5 ?

• SOLVED gantry-width-xx still workable in Gantry 5 ?

Posted 8 years 9 months ago
    • Hello;

After upgraded to Gantry 5, the previous multiple-column command (gantry-width-xx) become one clumn only.
      For exaple:
      gantry-width-10
      gantry-width-45
      gantry-width-45

This command will come to be 3 column, but in Gantry 5, it left only one column.
      Does this command still workable, if not, any alternative ?

Please Adviswe
      Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED gantry-width-xx still workable in Gantry 5 ?

• Re: SOLVED gantry-width-xx still workable in Gantry 5 ?

• Thanks information,
      But if "Virtually Unlimited Positions Per row" available in position setting, there should be a Gantry 5 particle allow "virtually unlimited columns per module". Besides I am curious if there is any limitation for the types of particle to embed in a position ? A rich collection of particle like app might encourage subscriber to renew.

Regards
      Kenny
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Kenny Chen wrote:
      Thanks information,
      But if "Virtually Unlimited Positions Per row" available in position setting, there should be a Gantry 5 particle allow "virtually unlimited columns per module". Besides I am curious if there is any limitation for the types of particle to embed in a position ? A rich collection of particle like app might encourage subscriber to renew.

Regards
      Kenny

No, there is a Gantry 5 particle called "module position" which you drag onto a layout and then call that position what ever you wish. You can drag as many of these onto the layout as you wish (that's why we day virtually limitless). Also, in Gantry 5 you can add additional rows within a section too. No, there is no limitation what type of joomla module can be assigned to a position. Gantry 5 particles don't have to be assigned to a position at all they are dragged directly on to the layout.

Each template comes with many different particles and the documentation for each template explains what the template includes.

I encourage you to read the Gantry 5 documentation to understand the new concepts that Gantry 5 introduces http://docs.gantry.org/ .

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 9 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• Thanks your support,
      Gantry 5 is something new, I am interesting to study it.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Is your issue now solved? If so, please EDIT your FIRST POST in this thread by adding [SOLVED] at the start of the title and then select the TICK icon. This lets the moderators know that it can be moved to the solved section.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • Please correct my custom.scss as below,
      Since I copy and past the coding from the original webpage you pointed in last post,
      Which is 3 columns in 33/33/33, but it show only 1'st column with all content.
      MY CUSTOM.SCSS IS:
      .flexcontainer {
      display: -webkit-flex;
      display: flex;
      -webkit-flex-direction: row;
      flex-direction: row;
      }

.gantry-width-block {
      display:block;
      float:left
      }
      .gantry-width-spacer {
      margin:15px
      }
      .gantry-width-10 {
      width:10%
      }

I also repeat gantry-width-20/30/33/40/45/50/60/66/70/75/80

Please advise
      Regards

Kenny
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Could you please post a URL to your site (this can be done in the secure area tab if you prefer) so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Regards, Mark.

• Thanks your further comment.
      The site is till in LOCALHOST, not yet in production.
      Let me pay the upgradation 1'st, and consult with my client to upload their site in production later on. Let's say this Friday July 24, 2015.

Regards
      Kenny
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Ok post back when that's all done... I won't be around next week so one of the other MODS will likely answer you.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds