Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Update message still displayed after the update

• beamaria
    • Elite Rocketeer

SOLVED Update message still displayed after the update

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • HI Mark; unfortunately the issue is back again, both in Chrome and Safari...sorry I had to open a new topic for an old issue, but I couldn't find a way to re-open the old one
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Update message still displayed after the update

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • beamaria
    • Elite Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• beamaria - you have top press the "purge" button in extensions manager > update (see screenshot).

I did this and now the message is gone. Joomla caches update information so you have to force it to relook afresh.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • beamaria
    • Elite Rocketeer

• Ok I did it and now the message is gone...my fault is I purged the "expired cache" and the normal cache in joomla and Gantry, but not the "update" cache; anyway, after you fixed the issue yesterday, it cropped up again this morning, so probably there is something forcing a reload of the message. I'll keep an eye to see if this trouble will be there again tomorrow or so; meanwhile it could be better not to add the solved tag, just in case..
      Thanks Mark!

UPDATE: just verified; there is something reloading the message. I logged out from the backend after clicking "purge update" and then emptied the browser cache and closed the browser (using the esc button) for a while, then logged in again in backend and the message was there again
    • Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by beamaria.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I have now raised a bug ticket for this https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/631 .

I tested on your site and logged out and back in again and got the same as you.

Regards, Mark.
  • Re: SOLVED Update message still displayed after the update

• Hi beamaria,
      we recently released Gantry 5.1.0, would you mind upgrading to it via Joomla Extension Manager and see if the issue still persists?
      Thank you.
    • / Djamil Legato / Lead Developer /
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• beamaria - At your request in your other topic http://www.rockettheme.com/forum/gantry5-for-joomla/246471-solved-problem-with-updating?start=0 I updated you to Gantry 5.1. I have since logged out and logged in again and that message about updates no longer appears so i Think this is fixed now too? do you agree?

Regards, Mark.
    • beamaria
    • Elite Rocketeer

• @ mark: I haven't still checked that, but I trust your word :-)
      @ djamil: according Mark, who did the updating to 5.1 for me, the problem no longer exists, so I take the word of you experts and consider the issue as solved.
      Thanks a million to you both!!

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds