Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Administration Very Slow

• Administration Very Slow

Posted 8 years 8 months ago
    • I am working with the salient template. I find the process to very slow and disk intensive. I have a large solid state disk drive that gantry does not seem to taking advantage of.

How can I speed up the administration process?

Thanks.
    • I probably did something wrong.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Administration Very Slow

• Is this all local ? WAMP XAMPP MAMP ?

Make sure you don't have xdebug on http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/troubleshooting/max-nesting-level

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Administration Very Slow

• Hi,
      I am working from home connected to my remote site at siteground host. Response time on other joomla functions such as module manager is fine. Only when I try to work on gantry 5 template do I get these terrible response times.
      How can I provide you more information?
      No debugger on as far as I can tell.
      Gordon
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I tried many of the Gantry 5 admin screens and the worst response time I had was about 2.2seconds - most being considerably less (see example screenshot). So it doesn't appear slow to me - perhaps you can give me more examples? You will get longer response time though when the css has to be recompiled (especially from base outline since it has to recompile the css for the other outlines too). Recompile of CSS also happens on save of outline too. We have an outstanding ticket on Git to address recompile - we will be moving the recompile from admin to frontend (only when changes detected in CSS) - hopefully this should be in the near future and will speed things up https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/642 .

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by MrT.

• Hi, I continue to get 4 to 5 seconds of response delay when I use the administration functions of the salient template when using firefox v40.0. When I switch to Chrome Version 44.0.2403.155 the response time is better.

Any suggestions?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I again tried your Gantry 5 admin with firefox 40 and my average response was well under 2 seconds (see screenshot).

Is there anything specific you are doing when you get the 4-5 second responses? Do you have any plugins in your browser that might be slowing things down? have you got a good internet link? has your pc that you are using also got a goood amount of memory?

I have asked our DEVS if they can suggest anything else and am awaiting a response - I will let you know if they have any further ideas what you can try.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds