Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Scheduling publishing and finish publishing with Gantry 5

• SOLVED Scheduling publishing and finish publishing with Gantry 5

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • Greetings all,

I'm sure Dan or one of the other mods will smack me back into reality with a simple question but here goes...

I understand how to set artiles/modules to publish and finish publishing, which is helpful with clients that have events scheduled out into the future. When working with Gantry 4 this was a staightforward feat, just set the publish and finish dates, set the position and move on. In Gantry 5 (please keep in mind I'm still climbing the learning curve) I can't seem to figure out a way to do this, especially if I'm going to use a module. Publishing using a Module Instance works fine if the module is static, but how would you set this up to be dynamic? The hang up I'm facing is due to the fact that using a Module Instance refers to a specific Module ID.

So the question is...how can I accomplish having modules replace themselves automagically by utilizing the publish and finish dates?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Best regards,

Joe
    • Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Joseph Xavier. Reason: solved
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Scheduling publishing and finish publishing with Gantry 5

• Modules have publish start and finish dates too. But rather than using "module instance" particles on your layout and then picking the module, I would have a "module position" particle on the layout and assign the module to that position (call it what you wish) then it should behave exactly as Gantry 4 did - i.e. the module will only show when between/on those dates.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Joseph Xavier

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Scheduling publishing and finish publishing with Gantry 5

• Mark,

That makes perfect sense now that you described it in the manner you did. I was a bit unsure of what the correct use the Module Position particle. Thanks for the help

I'll mark this as Solved

Joe

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds