Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Where is layout of new outline copied from?

• SOLVED Where is layout of new outline copied from?

Posted 8 years 7 months ago
    • Hi

Few version ago Gantry5 Base outline had a layout and I figure out that when ever I create new outline Gantry5 duplicates layout of base outline. So, to save me some time, I would set up the layout of base outline (like mainmenu, logo, footer, etc...) and whenever I decide to create new outline things I have mentioned were already set up as I intended.

Now in version 5.1.2. base outline doesn't have layout and when ever I create new outline it gets some "default" layout. I thought maybe it copies layout form default outline, but it is not. Now I have to set up each outline I create from the start and it is really time consuming. I would really like to avoid this.

Is there a way to define how would layout of new outline look like?
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Where is layout of new outline copied from?

• The layout in base outline actually did nothing - so that's why we removed the tab to avoid confusion. It will be added back again in the future when we can make it do what we originally intended. So, even though you might have done something with a base outline layout before it would have had no effect whatsoever anywhere.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Where is layout of new outline copied from?

• Hi Mark and thanks for clarification.

But I would still like to know the answer to my question. Is there a way to define which particles, as well as their configuration, are gonna be inside layout when I create/add new outline?

As I said in first post, in earlier versions of Gantry5, what ever you set up/configure in layout of base outline it would be copied into the layout of new outline you create/add. Since there is no layout in base outline now I don't know how to do it anymore.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Where is layout of new outline copied from?

• I believe I did answer your questions but let's deal with them again:
      Udruga Animi wrote:
      But I would still like to know the answer to my question. Is there a way to define which particles, as well as their configuration, are gonna be inside layout when I create/add new outline?

No, not from the outline, other that the option to assign that whole outline to a specific page. Particles themselves are not working to joomla ACL. If you want to assign which modules appear then you use joomla module manager as you always have. Particles can exist inside a "Gantry 5 module particle" so the behave just like any other module, which means you can do the same with them too.

Udruga Animi wrote:
      As I said in first post, in earlier versions of Gantry5, what ever you set up/configure in layout of base outline it would be copied into the layout of new outline you create/add. Since there is no layout in base outline now I don't know how to do it anymore.

No, it would not, that is incorrect, the base outline layout did absolutely nothing, that is why we removed it. It was confusing to members and every one made up there own theory on what it did - none of which were correct. We will be introducing the base outline layout again in a future release once we have decided how it will work (properly) and completed the development. If you want a new outline to copy from another use the "duplicate" button on the existing outline, this will give your the same styles and layout settings.

I hope that clarifies that now?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Where is layout of new outline copied from?

• Hmm, maybe i'm going crazy but I am pretty sure what I was doing 2 weeks ago but.
      From now on I'll create one outline with necessary design that I'll duplicate further and save some time, thanks for the idea.
      And yes it's cristal clear.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds