Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Is it possible to use a Gantry4 and a Gantry5 template together?

• Nanozombi
    • Jr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Is it possible to use a Gantry4 and a Gantry5 template together?

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Hi there,
      is it possible to use in the same site 2 different templates, one with Gantry 5 and the other with Gantry 4? I want to make one page in a completely different style than the current Gantry4 template and I would like to use a Gantry4 one, but I don't know if it would work or not.
      Thanks!
      NZB
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Nanozombi.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Is it possible to use a Gantry4 and a Gantry5 template together?

• Yes it is - the two frameworks (and their respective templates) are completely independent of one another. It's jhust a case of assigning the template you want to use to the correct pages. But, I wouldn't be doning this straight to a production site, do this in a test environment as installing Gantry 5 and template will add another menu and make that menu default and the Gantry 5 template default.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Nanozombi

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Nanozombi
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Re: SOLVED Is it possible to use a Gantry4 and a Gantry5 template together?

• Hi Mark,
      thanks for your reply.
      I have installed the Myriad 1.2 standalone template and the gantry 4.1.29 framework. So far it was ok.
      As I had started the site with the Gantry5 template, there were some Gantry5 particles that were assigned to all the menus. Be sure to un-assign them from the page that will use the Gantry4 template or it will show an error (Gantry5 particle not initialed).
      I am going further into it now, will tell you if I find any more trouble :)

Thanks again you are the man!
    • The following users have thanked you: Gordon Sutton

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds