Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Wordpress Gantry 5 workflow

• SOLVED Wordpress Gantry 5 workflow

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Just trying to get my head around the new Gantry 5 on wordpress.
      Seems like it has a lot more power under the hood - just need to get used to where everything lives now and the new workflow for creating sites.

I just wanted to know - I've created a homepage using custom html particles in the header sidebar and footer and a widget in the showcase. All works nicely.
      But when I create a new page I want to have different content in the sidebar and showcase.

So I created a new outline and assigned that to the new page - but this resets all the layout.
      So then tried duplicating the home which then gives me everything in the right place and I can change the sidebar fine.

But is there a way to globally change the custom html in the header and footer while leaving the sidebar different on each page ? If the details in these locations needs to change in the future?

I'm struggling to find how to do this - on the old Gantry 4 you would just tick on the widget you wanted to change - leaving the rest to be effected globally. Is there any way of doing this same thing in Gantry 5, presume its just been not spotting something obvious ??
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Re: SOLVED Wordpress Gantry 5 workflow

• Re: SOLVED Wordpress Gantry 5 workflow

• Ah right - OK
      Looks like its not particularly high on the priorities either from reading that top section.
      My fault for jumping in too early I guess...

Ahh well...

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds