Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Reset menu to CMS' built-in?

• Reset menu to CMS' built-in?

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Is it possible to reset the menu in the Gantry Menu Editor back to the Joomla menu?

I need this because I made som changes in the menu-editor, but these aren't reflected, when I change the language (using Falang)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Reset menu to CMS' built-in?

• I'm not really sure what you mean since the Gantry 5 menu editor use the normal joomla menu? please can you elaborate more?

If you mean you want to use a joomla menu module instead of the Gantry 5 menu particle then yes you can publish a module to a module position particle somewhere on your layout in your outline and remove the gantry 5 menu particle from the layout. But if you do this you would not get a responsive mobile menu and the normal menu would not look the same either.

If you need more help, Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Reset menu to CMS' built-in?

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I think this is an issue you should take up with the developers of falang.

Your set-up is not the normal way we would recommend for a multi-lingual site... Please read this tutorial on multil-language set-up in Gantry 5 http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/multilingual-site

I suspect that what is happening is that falang is use the "joomla menu manager order" instead of the "Gantry 5 menu editor order" so you might be able to reorder the items in joomla menu manager (dragging the menu items into the correct order)... I didn't attempt this since I didn't want to have any adverse affect on your site.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• I saw the tutorial buts it's much simpler with Falang.

The Joomla menu is exactly, as it should be. Thats why I want to reset the Gantry menu. It could be usefull in other cases to. The only way I see now is if I copy the Joomla menu to a new menu and then choose that menu in Gantry. A 'Reset to Joomla' would make everyting much easier :-)
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I appeciate what you are saying and we do have two issues outstanding regarding the menu. There is also apparently an error in the joomla API regarding the menu which prevents us keeping the joomla menu manager and Gantry 5 admin editor order in sync. Apparently the menu it the next item on our list for some more "love" so hopefully it will be fixed then.

https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/552
      https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/595

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Martin Schacke

• I found a way to 'reset' the menu in Gantry. In the Joomla menu I created a new menu, moved all the menu items to this menu and changed the menu in the menu particle.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Sure that's a work around that I've used myself too. Hopefully the menu system will be getting some love soon :)

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds