0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 Suggestions

• Donald White
    • Sr. Rocketeer
    • Sr. Technical Communicator

Gantry 5 Suggestions

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Nothing I write here is a complaint!

I know all y'all are dialed in to UX as well as UI issues. I have a couple of suggestions that may prove helpful, especially to customers who engage people like me to design and publish a Website using a RocketTheme template requiring Gantry 5.

Particles

It would be really great if the Custom HTML field incorporated the text editor used with the Website (such as JCE). As things are, I train customer employees two different methods to create modular content, one using the traditional Joomla Module Manager (with JCE) and one requiring significant knowledge of HTML & CSS (Gantry 5 Particle element).

Menu Editor v Menu Manager

Changes made to menu placement (primary or submenu) made in the Joomla Menu Manager do not update the positions of menu items in the corresponding menu in the Gantry 5 Menu Editor. If one reorders menu items in either the Menu Editor or the Menu Manager, it would be helpful - greatly appreciated - the the menu items in the other (Joomla or Gantry 5) were reordered simultaneously.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
    • The following users have thanked you: Martin Schacke

• Donald White
      James River Technical Communications
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 Suggestions

• Thanks for the feedback

1. Yes, we will be adding an editor soon - it's on the list :)

2. I think there are good reasons for this but I will ask the DEVS and let you know what they say.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Donald White

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Gantry 5 Suggestions

• So on number 2 I checked with our DEVS and we do have two tickets outstanding on this https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/552 and https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues/595 ... But there is also a bug in the Joomla API that needs to be addressed so we have to submit that change to joomla.org and that may take some time for them to incorporate in a release too.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Donald White

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds