Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 Block Class

• SOLVED Gantry 5 Block Class

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Hi there,

I've just started to use Gantry 5 with Hydrogen for the first time and so far so good except that I'm unable to figure out how block classes work.

In the Layout area, I've gone into the options for a Particle (in this case, a module position), then:
      1. Clicked "Block"
      2. Set "test-class" for the "CSS Classes" field (also tried CSS ID in case that made a difference)
      3. Clicked "Apply and Save

But on the front-end of the site there doesn't seem to be a change to the outputted code, and definitely nothing that includes "test-class". What am I doing wrong?

My end goal is to be able to apply a class at around the entire Particle in order to set some backgrounds.
    • Precedence, Cairns' Local Website Developer - http://www.precedence.com.au
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 Block Class

• Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and i'll have a look for you.

That should work fine. Did you clear browser and server cache?

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Gantry 5 Block Class

• Hey Mark,

Thanks for the quick response.

Looks like it's sorted itself out this morning and I see the class where it's expected.

Just for completion in case someone else comes across this issue: Yep, after finding it didn't seem to take effect I ran through:

Gantry -> Save Layout/Recompile CSS
      Browser -> F5 -> Web Dev Toolbar Clear Cache
      System -> Clear Cache
      System -> Clear Expired Cache
      Browser -> F5 -> Web Dev Toolbar Clear Cache -> Longform Tools cache-clearing

This was done on Firefox and I hadn't tried other browsers on my system before closing off for the day, so I'm not 100% sure which cache was being particularly sticky.

Cheers,

Joyce
    • Precedence, Cairns' Local Website Developer - http://www.precedence.com.au

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds