Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Gantry 5 streams file picker

• Lownotes
    • Hero Rocketeer

SOLVED Gantry 5 streams file picker

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Where can I learn more about how the streams function of the filepicker works.

It looks like it is a combination of folder areas but as a user I'm not where to put my images, especially confusing if I want to create new folders for images. not where they should go and also don't see a way to create folders without resorting to a different tool, ie: ftp.

is there any detailed info on this filepicker, i couldn't find anything at gantry docs.

thanks
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Lownotes.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Gantry 5 streams file picker

• Lownotes wrote:
      Where can I learn more about how the streams function of the filepicker works.

It looks like it is a combination of folder areas but as a user I'm not where to put my images, especially confusing if I want to create new folders for images. not where they should go and also don't see a way to create folders without resorting to a different tool, ie: ftp.

is there any detailed info on this filepicker, i couldn't find anything at gantry docs.

thanks

I'll ask the devs about this as folder creation is a good idea. Submit your suggestion to https://gitter.im/gantry/gantry5 and https://github.com/gantry/gantry5/issues .

So for images outside the template folder you would still use Media Manager. For images inside the template folder you can use the Template Manager -> View Templates -> Rt-Requiem -> folder management system.
    • Lownotes
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks Dan, that answered part of my question.

The other part is just what the heck is going on with this picker. is it picking folders from multiple locations? Is there somewhere this thing is explained? If I go to the template folder I see less folders than I do when I use the streams picker.

Thanks
      Bryan
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Lownotes wrote:
      Thanks Dan, that answered part of my question.

The other part is just what the heck is going on with this picker. is it picking folders from multiple locations? Is there somewhere this thing is explained? If I go to the template folder I see less folders than I do when I use the streams picker.

Thanks
      Bryan

So I did a little more digging and your right - this file picker is more advanced than the one we had in Gantry 4. For the image file picker the main root folder "gantry-media://" includes the Joomla media folder and the themes images.

This image is hidden for guests.
      Please log in or register to see it.

You can also upload files by Drag & Drop or by selecting them.
      Folder creation isn't possible yet.
    • Lownotes
    • Hero Rocketeer

• Thanks again for clearing this up. I started to figure out what was going on but it was a bit confusing, especially with the ordering of folder names and duplicates (images, images).

The drag and drop is great and I've been using it quite a bit and I've been able to get around folder creation using media mgr and ftp.
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

• Lownotes wrote:
      Thanks again for clearing this up. I started to figure out what was going on but it was a bit confusing, especially with the ordering of folder names and duplicates (images, images).

The drag and drop is great and I've been using it quite a bit and I've been able to get around folder creation using media mgr and ftp.

Please voice your opinion for file creation capability here -> https://gitter.im/gantry/gantry5 It's an amazing community!
  • Re: Gantry 5 streams file picker

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Hi
      Your uploaded files are located in [JOOMLA-ROOT]/templates/[RT_TEMPLATE_NAME]/custom/images

Is there any place in Gantry where this can be configured ?

Thanks
      Claus
  • Re: Gantry 5 streams file picker

Posted 5 years 3 months ago
    • I am looking for the same capability to configure the Gantry Media Picker
    • Damir
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Developer

Posted 5 years 3 months ago

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds