Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

reproducing myriad slideshow

• reproducing myriad slideshow

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • I want to reproduce the full slideshow from Myriad in Hydrogen. Allready copied the layout files to the roksprocket directory. But nothing shows when choosing the theme Full Slideshow, just one tiny dot. What else has to be done? If it's possible to achieve that is.
    • The following users have thanked you: neuclix

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: reproducing myriad slideshow

• Myriad use javascript and some complex media query CSS to achieve the full screen slideshow. You don't need the "fullslideshow" override from the myriad template to achieve this, and in any case you would also need the CSS for it which probably would need altering for the Gantry 5 page structure too. Just use an ordinary roksprocket slideshow or slideshow 2 - then let me see what you have and I can advise on addtional CSS.

Could you please post a URL to your site (this can be done in the secure area tab if you prefer) so we can look for you. Without a link to page where the problem is on your site it is quite hard for us to provide the best solution due to so many variables. We try to provide file names and line numbers for code changes and if changes have already been made then our advice may be incorrect.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • neuclix
    • Hero Rocketeer

• @MrT, I am trying to do this exact same thing. I am eager to see this solved. I thought I could just fly the Myriad FP Slideshow code from demo.less in Hydrogens custom.scss file but you are saying that probably won't work. I have tried just using RokSprocket Features in Hydrogen but I do not like any of the themes, I would like to learn how to make these themes I see in other templates such as Myriad. Could you please point me in the right direction?
    • Thanks in advance,
      Steve Hodges
    • neuclix
    • Hero Rocketeer

• The FP Slideshow from Myriad is rendering in Hydrogen, however it is missing the css styling so it is empty. Thoughts?
      The site is www.lonnymusic.com
    • Thanks in advance,
      Steve Hodges
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• neuclix - you really should start your own topic rather than jumping in on another members topic.

In your case Use this code...
      section#g-showcase > .g-container {
          width: 100%;
      }
      section#g-showcase > .g-container > .g-grid > .g-block > .g-content {
          margin: 0;
          padding: 0;
      }

Any other styling adjustments that your want can be added with custom CSS - you can't just copy the myriad ones.

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: reproducing myriad slideshow

• This is the sites url autark.energieneutrale-woning.nl
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Use this code...
      #g-header > .g-container {
          min-height: 100vh;
          width: 100%;
      }
      #g-header > .g-container > .g-grid > .g-block > .g-content {
          margin: 0;
          padding: 0;
      }

To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.

• Looks like an error in line 2 min-heigt:100vh;
      Sorry, my mistake
    • Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Cornelius123.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• huh? I put min-height not min-heigt ?

Regards, Mark.

• That is correct, my mistake. But now I would like to use the "full slideshow" theme as in Myriad. That is still not working. I guess it needs more styling.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds