Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED No Updates Available (but really there are)

• SOLVED No Updates Available (but really there are)

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • Control panel indicates that Gantry 5 needs to be updated, but on the Updates page I get the message "There are no updates available at the moment. Please check again later"

Gantry 5.1.0 and Salient 1.0.0-DEV, both installed with the Salient Rocketlauncher in August.

Joomla! 3.4.4

I will put login details in the secure area.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED No Updates Available (but really there are)

• I've update Salient and Gantry 5 for you. Both are now on latest versions.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Kanata United Church

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED No Updates Available (but really there are)

• Thanks for doing that.

If it is something that we can do ourselves the next time, please explain how. I don't want to have to ask for your help all the time. But in this case I searched pretty carefully and could not find a way to do the update. Could be of course that it was a problem in the early Gantry release that could only be fixed using tools not available to users like me.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I didn't use any special tools - All I did was download Gantry 5 from here http://gantry.org/downloads and install it in extension manager and download "salient - standalone" template from the template page and install that in extension manager.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Kanata United Church

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED No Updates Available (but really there are)

• Thanks. I now have a way to handle this myself if it happens again.

Don't know why the standard update mechanism failed, but if there is a good workaround that's all that really matters.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Kanata United Church wrote:
      ... Don't know why the standard update mechanism failed...

Because there was a bug in the old version of Gantry 5 that you were using.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds