Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5 Particles Block Settings

• Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

Gantry 5 Particles Block Settings

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • I just realized that there are no block settings in the G5 Particle Module or the G5 Particle Widget. So I can't seem to set box variations or anything else with these. Am I missing something or is this a missing feature/bug?

In WordPress, how can I add G5 styling to a WP widget? You could do all this with G4.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Dan Walker.
    • Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Gantry 5 Particles Block Settings

• Dan @ Top Webs Network wrote:
      I just realized that there are no block settings in the G5 Particle Module or the G5 Particle Widget. So I can't seem to set box variations or anything else with these. Am I missing something or is this a missing feature/bug?

If your editing the Gantry 5 Particle in the Module Manager you won't see Block settings as Joomla has nothing to do with that. For any Gantry 5 Particle that needs setup of Block variations than do that in your Outline -> Layout Manager -> the Section-Row-module position of your Gantry 5 Particle -> Block settings.
    • Dan Walker
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Designer/Developer

• What I mean is that in the G5 particle module/widget, when you edit the particle, there are no block settings. This is a major problem. The G5 particle then is used in the G5 layout in a module/widget position. If you style the block setting there, you style every particle in that position. You lose the ability to style individual particles. I don't see why the block settings aren't available when editing the particle in the G5 particle module/widget. As the recent templates have moved to using only G5 particle modules, this is a big issue.
    • The following users have thanked you: Bryan

• Dan Walker - Web Designer & Developer @ Top Webs Network
      Custom Joomla & Wordpress Websites
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • Dan @ Top Webs Network wrote:
      What I mean is that in the G5 particle module/widget, when you edit the particle, there are no block settings. This is a major problem. The G5 particle then is used in the G5 layout in a module/widget position. If you style the block setting there, you style every particle in that position. You lose the ability to style individual particles. I don't see why the block settings aren't available when editing the particle in the G5 particle module/widget. As the recent templates have moved to using only G5 particle modules, this is a big issue.

I still don't get it. If I have the Showcase Section with a row consisting of three InfoList particles then each of those particles have their own unique Block settings. Module Manger -> Gantry 5 Particle placed in a Outline layout then has its own respective Block setting.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds