Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Customization changes to selected Preset is not sticking

• hpaumit
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Customization changes to selected Preset is not sticking

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • When I attempt to modify the colors of my selected (Requiem) preset, the selection "star" on the preset disappears. After I make the color changes and then save them they remain in place until I go to select the preset again, at which time the color changes disappear. This seems to happen whether I make changes to the Base or Default of the Preset. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Customization changes to selected Preset is not sticking

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • You are misunderstanding the use of a preset. When you choose a preset (just like in Gantry 4) that loads a set of colors into your outline in the styles, as long as you don't change any then the star will remain as you are using exactly the same colors from the preset. As soon as you change any color (in your outline) then you are no longer matching the preset and the star will go. You are not changing the preset, you are changing the outline styles. If you want to change preset colors then you haves to create an override for presets.yaml

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: hpaumit

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Customization changes to selected Preset is not sticking

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • This would not be so confusing if the old method of saving a modifed preset under a new name had been preserved in Gantry 5.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Customization changes to selected Preset is not sticking

Posted 8 years 3 months ago
    • Presets can be found in /templates/templatename/gantry/presets.yaml so you can create an override for that file and add you own presets by editing the yaml.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds