input.reset
        input.search
        input.submit
        input.tel
        input.text
        input.time
        input.url
        input.week

I'm little lost how anf if we have to use them especially in a particle?
      I have checked in the Kraken theme i just buy, and none of these input is used even in blueprints folder
      It is just of info. I prepare some Gantry 5 tutos in french and i wonder if we don't have to speak about these input to don't lost the reader

thanks

Bertrand
    • www.en-toutes-lettres.fr
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Particle YAML Field Types

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • When you are creating a particle you'll need to capture some settings from the user in an admin panel before you can then use them to create some functionality. The language that you do this in is YAML. Gantry 5 includes some particles, but templates also contain particles too. You'll see plenty of examples if you look in the particles folder of your chosen template.

All those various input types that you mentioned should be pretty self evident what they do, some particles will use them, some won't, it really does depend on what the particles does (and therefore needs settings to be captured for).

Once the settings are captured you can use them in another language called TWIG to render output on the page.

If you are not developing particles and have no need to modify existing particles then you don't need to learn anything at all about YAML or TWIG.

I hope that answers your question.

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 5 months ago by MrT.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: SOLVED Particle YAML Field Types

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • Hi Mark

thanks

You said
      You'll see plenty of examples if you look in the particles folder of your chosen template

Not realy, as I said, i search with notepad++ in my all tempate without find any exemple of file using these input above. Maybe i have to found them not in template but in side of gantry 5 component (dedicated to settings from the user in an admin panel ?). in that case as you said i don't need to learn about them (never touch core, first principe of joomla geek)

Yaml and twig file are easy to understand and improved if needed, thanks for Gantry 5

take care

Bertrand
    • www.en-toutes-lettres.fr

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds