Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Creating a fixed header&navigation in Callisto (NEW AND UPDATED)

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Creating a fixed header&navigation in Callisto (NEW AND UPDATED)

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Ok this is the last customisation I can do for you in this topic - please raise a new topic for anything else as we're making, what was supposed to be a tutorial a personal customisation topic and I don't think that's fair on everyone else who is subscribed to this topic. I'm very glad to help you, but please can we do it in your own topic

So, Use this code...
      #g-navigation > .g-container {
          margin: 10px auto;
      }

And change the value of "200px" in my last topic back down to "150px".

Regards, Mark.
    • Last Edit: 8 years 6 months ago by MrT.
    • The following users have thanked you: Kanata United Church

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Creating a fixed header&navigation in Callisto (NEW AND UPDATED)

Posted 8 years 6 months ago
    • Thanks for giving us this nice addition. I discovered by a few further experiments that with the new smaller nav bar I can reduce the size of the header to 120 px with no problem. Great news. Hope it also helps some others.
    • Gley

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Hi,
      I'm sorry i have the same problem with Salient. I create a module header-a "Président du ..." which is cut in the smartphone view because of the fixed menu.
      How can i solved it?
      Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 8 years 4 months ago
    • Gley - really you should be raising a new topic of your own rather than posting in this tutorial...

Use this code...
      #g-navigation .g-main-nav .g-toplevel > li > .g-menu-item-container .g-menu-item-title {
          padding-right: 0;
      }
      #g-navigation .g-social {
          position: absolute;
          right: 0;
          top: 10px;
      }
      To create a custom CSS compatible with Gantry 5 please read this http://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutorials/adding-a-custom-style-sheet .

Remember to recompile CSS from base outline too.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Gley

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
  • Re: Creating a fixed header&navigation in Callisto (NEW AND UPDATED)

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • Hello,

I'm trying to fix the menu/logo in the Isotope tempate [section #g-navigation]. I've tried to follow the code changes listed in this post; however I could not get it working. Would you be able to post the code for the Isotope template? Thanks.

Jeff
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 7 years 9 months ago
    • Jeff Boulton - Sorry for the delay on replying - I have been away on holiday.

You seem to have a headroom.js menu now and that appears to be working ok?

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds