Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Smooth Scrolling - Creating your first atom (Revised)

• Re: Smooth Scrolling - Creating your first atom (Revised)

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • Can you help me with that?
      I have to use the full link because these a part of a menu and when I'm on other page I can not reach my anchor to another. Or maybe there is some kind of trick for the menu/links itself?
      Thank you.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: Smooth Scrolling - Creating your first atom (Revised)

Posted 7 years 1 month ago
    • No, sorry, that would be custom development. This tutorial was only intended to be a bonus item for members - if you need different functionality to that provided then you will have to alter the code yourself or post in the marketplace forum to request PAID development assistance.

If you can avoid using full path links then the code will work fine as-is (i.e. link just just the bookmark). This code was only intended to work on bookmarks in the same page.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

Posted 6 years 11 months ago
    • I'm trying to speed up the scrolling on my website using this atom. IE I changed the scroll duration from 900ms to 90ms but it has no effect on the scroll speed of the links in my menu. I'm using the citadel template. So I'm just wondering how I need to change the code so that I can control the speed of the scroll on the bookmarks of my page.

Thanks
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• Since you didn't provide a link to your site I have no way of checking that for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.

• MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• As far as I can tell you are not using my atom at all - you have loaded other JS on the page settings tab of the default outline that is using different code to control smooth scrolling.

Regards, Mark.

• Hello,

I used your atom and it works fine, but I put it together with sticky header and I would need to put some offset to anchors.

www.natureid.cz

Could you help me?

Thanks!
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• I afraid that is really customisation now and therefore beyond the scope of what we can offer in this support forum. You would actually need to change the jQuery code to be able to compensate for that.

Regards, Mark.
    • hsojhsoj
    • Sr. Rocketeer

Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    • I would love to make my anchor link scroll to its anchor. I uploaded the two supplied files to /templates/rt_photon/custom/

I added the new atom to the Global Page Settings. I have a link <a href="#form">test</a> and a destination <div id="form">test</div>

But no smooth scrolling, here is the page:

testlifesjourneyblog3.dependentmedia.com...your-next-event#form

thanks fo ryour help
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Posted 5 years 6 months ago
    • Please would you post your URL, superuser id and pswd in the secure tab of your post and I'll have a look for you.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds