Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

Gantry 5? Ok, I'm sold!

• EPIC Web
    • Jr. Rocketeer

Gantry 5? Ok, I'm sold!

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • Ok, guys. I had my doubts after looking over the documentation and watching a video or two. Seemed like a pretty huge learning curve. However, after installing G5 and Hydrogen on my local installation yesterday so I could play with it and learn it, I'm finding that -- just like Joomla! by the way -- once you understand the logic of the thing, it actually makes sense. I have already started getting my pages looking like my live site, which is step one for me.

A couple of thoughts as I wait to get on gitter where I can pick G5 brains directly:

Have the documentation open when you're trying this for the first time, kids. And do not try this on your live site until you know your way around and have learned the lingo. Advice Mark, aka MrT, has given many times. It'll be a lot easier.

The videos are very helpful, but the guy doing them needs to slow down just a little for us old people, okay?

Anyway, I'm sold. No longer a slave to the module positioning whims of template developers! I am the mistress of my own website designing destiny!

I'm off to shop for a Gantry 5 theme. Some women buy shoes. I shop in tech stores!

Betty K.
    • The following users have thanked you: Djamil Legato, DanG, MrT

• Betty K.
      Barely competent webdrone, but willing to learn!
    • DanG
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Custom work done

Re: Gantry 5? Ok, I'm sold!

Posted 8 years 5 months ago
    • EPIC Web wrote:
      The videos are very helpful, but the guy doing them needs to slow down just a little for us old people, okay?

That "guy" is our guru Doc Ryan and he's constantly revving around 6500 R.P.M. Myself as an older dude I've found the use of the PAUSE button invaluable ;)

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds